National CPD Programme
For September – December 2020, the NEU National CPD programme will remain as a mix of online courses and webinars. Our Webinar Wednesday series will focus each week on a topic relevant to the theme of re-establishing routines and relationships. We work with leading organisations, charities and tutors who are experts in their field to ensure high quality, up-to-date and relevant CPD for our members.
Webinars and online courses will be released per half term. For September to October, webinars will cover:
- 23 September 3.30-4.30pm – Classroom management
- 30 September 3.45-4.45pm – SEND a practical return to the classroom
- 7 October – 3.45-4.45pm – Positive psychology and the return to school
- 14 October – 3.45-4.45pm – Parental consultation around RSE
- 21 October – 3.45-4.45pm – Anxiety in young people and children
- 24 September, 1 and 8 October – 3.30-5pm- Get ready for statutory Relationships & Sex Education: SEND, 3 part webinar – specialist course is for PSHE leads, SENCO, teaching staff and members of the senior leadership team.
Booking your course
Courses can be booked via the NEU website.
Regional Reps Training
Please find our training dates for the Autumn term. Due to the current situation all our courses have been moved online and courses have been divided into modules. Contact Kirtima Chady to book.
Pay Bargaining- The course is conducted in 2 sessions
Cohort 1 (Thurs)
1st Session 24th September- Time: 1300-1500
2nd Session 1st October – Time: 1300-1500
Cohort 2 (Tues)
1st Session 13th October- Time 1000-1200
2nd Session 20th October- Time 1000-1200
Online Reps Foundation Training – There are 6 modules for this course and two different cohorts.
|Online reps Training||Group 1 (Every 2 weeks 10am-12pm)||Group 2 (Every week 1300 – 1500)|
|What is your Role?||30th Sep||3rd Nov|
|What Challenges are members facing?||14th Oct||10th Nov|
|How do we challenge Discrimination?||28th Oct||17th Nov|
|How do we Represent members?||11th Nov||24th Nov|
|How do we Organise members?||25th Nov||1st Dec|
|How do we Win in the workplace?||9th Dec||8th Dec|